Monday, December 10, 2012

Comfort in your strangeness: A love story

"We are nothing we are nothing we are nothing we are nothing but the dust on Your feet dying to be born again" ~Cynthia Alexander"


I have been listening to this song for almost half of my life, when I was in high school dad would play OPM songs on our cassette player, ones that are not knew by many. and this song is one of them.

I loved this song, I lived with this song. But I don't know the artist. I don't know what she looked like but I've been hypnotized by her voice. I don't know what the song is all about, but deep down, I could talk to every words in her lyrics. I don't know her name, but I can feel her soul.

Joined a lot of poster making contest, dancing clubs, sang on choirs, won 3rd place at science quiz bee, participated into table skirting class, learned the guitar, skateboarding at NAIA terminal 3 (that time the construction of the building is just starting), being peer pressured of having my ears and nose pierced, got into trouble, etc. etc. in short, I got very busy in high school that I forgot this song.

College. Triple the things I've said awhile ago then add this - I discovered a lot of things about me. I am consciousness. I am me. I am loved. I am being loved. I knew who I am.

I am yours.

& you are mine, Lord.

I now fully understand the love that the Lord is bestowing upon us, how we accept it, how we see it defies us. and we are all hungry of being with the Lord...

Since then, I ensured that where ever my feet would take me, I will call onto the Lord and sing glory and praises to him. The song played a huge part. This song became my theme song. Every word, now I understand; Every pluck of the guitar strings, now I feel. The strangeness made me smile, cry, feel, understand and love.


Hillsborough Subdivision, Alabang

Ditumabo Falls, Baler, Aurora

Mt. Batulao, Nasugbu Batangas

Mt. Romelo, Siniloan, Laguna

Shercon Resort & Ecology Park 
Your strangeness draw me close to you. 

Credits to C.A. - Your song makes me smile & celebrate life everyday :)

Sing glory the Lord! Glory! Glory! Glory!

Carpe diem,
kaycee






No comments:

Post a Comment